The BEST Sweet Potato Soup Recipe in 25 minutes or less for an easy and healthy weeknight dinner! Creamy with the perfect balance of savory and sweet. You and your family will love this delicious fall soup!
Soup season is finally here! Today, we’re kicking things off with one of our favorite easy-to-make recipes: Sweet Potato Soup! Here’s why we’re loving this recipe:
- It uses simple ingredients
- It can be made in 25 minutes (or less if following some of the tips below!)
- It can be meal prepped and/or frozen
- All you need is a stock pot and a blender
- It’s SO creamy and delicious!
RELATED: Pumpkin Curry Soup
How To Make The BEST Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
To make sweet potato soup, simply peel and cut the sweet potatoes into cubes. Bring vegetable stock and sweet potatoes to a boil, then let simmer and cook until the sweet potatoes are soft. Blend everything into a purée, then add in spices, honey (or agave), and unsweetened almond milk. Cook everything together, add your favorite toppings, and dinner is served!
Tips for sweet potato soup
- Use frozen sweet potatoes to save on prep and cook time.
- Double the recipe and freeze some for a quick dinner or lunch.
- Serve with baguette slices or crackers for a yummy meal!
- Add protein of choice. Anything from nuts, seeds, or organic, high-quality meat from Butcher Box (get $20 off HERE)!
More cozy soup recipes you’ll love:
- Vegan Ramen Soup w/ Zucchini Noodles
- Hearty Vegan Lentil Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Skinny Chicken Tortilla Soup
The BEST Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp minced onion (dried)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp agave (or honey)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- salt/pepper (to taste)
Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into medium sized cubes.
Briefly cook the sweet potatoes with the coconut oil in a stock pot.
Add the broth and bring to a boil for about 5 minutes.
Reduce to medium heat and let cook for about another 10 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
Blend the broth and sweet potatoes together until a the mixture is a purée.
Add the soup back into the stock pot and add in the onion, garlic, cinnamon, agave (or honey), and almond milk.
Cook until everything is evenly warm and smooth.
Serve, add toppings, and enjoy!