Want to make delicious, soft, and fluffy cinnamon rolls but on a time crunch? Here’s the ULTIMATE vegan cinnamon rolls recipe that’s quick, easy, healthier, and that your entire family will love!
There’s nothing like warm, delicious, homemade cinnamon rolls warm and straight out of the oven on a cozy weekend morning! As the weather cools down and we head into fall, this vegan cinnamon rolls recipe is a hands-down favorite that is no-fuss easy-to-make, quick, healthier, and adjustable. You and your family will love this sweet breakfast treat!
How To Make Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
Here’s the quickest and easiest way to make vegan cinnamon rolls:
- Heat up some of the almond milk and combine with instant yeast, let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add sugar to the mixture.
- Combine the flour and salt.
- Combine the yeast mixture with the flour mixture.
- Add almond milk and vegan butter, mix.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes.
- Roll into a ball, cover, and let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Make the filling.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle, then spoon the filling over the entire dough.
- Roll the dough into a log.
- Use unflavored floss to cut slice the log into 12 cinnamon rolls.
- Place the cinnamon rolls in a 9×13 casserole dish or 9×9 baking pan.
- Allow to rise for another 20 minutes (optional).
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
- Top with glaze and enjoy!
About the flour
We used a mixture of whole wheat flour and all-purpose flour. If you’re looking for a healthier version of this recipe, feel free to substitute 1/2 cup of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour!
Kneading the dough
Hand knead the dough for about 10 minutes (or less in a mixer), or until the elasticity can stretch fairly well. You should be able to stretch it windowpane thin without tearing it!
More favorite vegan brunch recipes:
- Vegan Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
- The BEST Vegan Zucchini Bread
- EASY Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Vegan Cinnamon Rolls (Quick & Easy Recipe)
Want to make delicious, soft, and fluffy cinnamon rolls but on a time crunch? Here's the ULTIMATE vegan cinnamon rolls recipe that's quick, easy, healthier, and that your entire family will love!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp raw sugar
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter (melted)
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup vegan butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon (to taste)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
Preheat oven to 150 degrees F, then immediately turn off.
Heat 1/4 cup of almond milk for about 10-15 seconds, mix in the yeast, and let rest for 5 minutes.
Mix in 1 tsp of the sugar and let rest another 3-5 minutes.
Mix the flours and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
Slowly fold the yeast mixture into the flour.
Add the remaining almond milk, sugar, and melted butter, then mix.
Hand knead the dough for about 10 minutes (or less in a mixer), or until the elasticity is stretchy.
Roll the dough into a ball, place in a mixing bowl, and cover.
Place the dough in the warm (but not hot) oven and let rise for about 30 minutes.
Soften or melt the vegan butter and mix with the sugar and cinnamon.
Making The Cinnamon Rolls
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Roll the dough into a flat rectangle shape on a floured surface.
Spoon the filling evenly onto the dough.
Roll the dough tightly into a log.
Using a knife or unflavored floss, slice the dough evenly into 12 cinnamon rolls.
Place the cinnamon rolls in an 9×9 baking pan or 9×13 casserole dish.
Spread the remaining filling over the tops of the cinnamon rolls.
Place in the warm oven and let rise for another 20 minutes.
Bake the cinnamon rolls for about 20 minutes.
Mix the powdered sugar and the almond milk together until smooth.
Pour the glaze over the cooled cinnamon rolls, serve, and enjoy!